5 Natural Solutions for Tackling Joint Pain and Arthritis: Wintertime brings with it an increase in joint and muscle pain, which can be efficiently managed by eating a balanced diet and staying warm.
Although there is anecdotal evidence that cold weather might aggravate joint pain and stiffness, research on the connection between weather and joint pain, including arthritis, has shown conflicting findings. While some arthritis sufferers report feeling more sore and stiff in the winter, others see no appreciable changes. Individual responses may differ, and the scientific knowledge of this phenomenon is not yet definitive says the senior executive physiotherapist of Cloudnine Group of Hospitals.
5 Natural Solutions for Tackling Joint Pain and Arthritis
- To stay warm, wear layers of clothing that trap heat. Use heated blankets or garments to retain warmth. Make sure your house is heated enough.
- To maintain your joints flexible, perform mild workouts on a daily basis. Think about low-impact exercises like swimming that don’t strain the joints. Stretching activities might help you become more flexible. Strive for as many walks as you can to maintain joint activity and reduce joint stiffness.
- Being overweight puts more strain on joints, which exacerbates discomfort. Keep up a nutritious diet and engage in regular exercise to control your weight.
- Dehydration can aggravate painful joints. Water should be consumed in moderation throughout the day.(Unsplash)enlarge-icon
- Apply heat packs or warm towels to joints to relieve stiffness. This is known as hot or cold treatment. Utilizing cold packs might help numb the region and lessen irritation.