The search engine giant Google said Google November 2023 reviews update had started to roll out this week on November 8, 2023 at about 12 pm ET.
According to the company, the update will be the last time. It is now more of a regular update, compared to past reviews updates, Google confirms.
“Released the November 2023 reviews update. Learn more about how to write high quality reviews. Going forward, as the reviews system is now being improved at a regular and ongoing pace, we will no longer be posting about future updates on the status dashboard,” Google, in a post on its search status dashboard explained.
Here is the Google’s post-
the November 2023 reviews update is also rolling out now (as per my last email: https://t.co/xny94FOVvn)
we'll update the ranking release history page when the rollout is finished: https://t.co/hgjEkfpbA2
— Google Search Central (@googlesearchc) November 8, 2023
Earlier, the IT company had told users last week the specific update would reach a point when Google won’t be giving periodic notifications of improvements to reviews system, as they would be happening at a regular and ongoing pace.
Notably, the last reviews update was a significant one in a way that it no longer just impacted product reviews but also impacted products, services, and things in more general.
Google April 2023 Reviews Update l Facts you should know
Here are the list of the most important facts shared by Google
- Name of product: Google November 2023 Reviews Update
- Launch date: 8th November 8, 2023 at around 12 pm ET
- Unfold: It will take one week or two to make it public
- Objective: The Google’s latest product overses at all review content, including products, services, destinations, games, movies, or other elements.
- Penalty: There’s no provision of penalty, in fact it promotes or rewards “insightful analysis and original research.”
- Not a core update: The product looks like a core update, but it’s not so.
- Multiple languages: It covers multiple languages- English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Vietnamese, Indonesian, Russian, Dutch, Portuguese, Polish.
- Impact: The search company would not tell users what percentage of queries or searches were impacted by this product..
- Additional benefits: This update can impact your performance in Google Discover.
- Refreshes: The update is now regular and they won’t confirm future refreshes or updates.
Required Documentation Updates
Google also changed some of its reviews system documentation page for the latest update project.
Here are list of some changes
- “The reviews system is improved at a regular and ongoing pace,” said Google.
- Expunge the words “and updates to it” from this line, “What does this system and updates to it mean for my site?”
- Delete this line: “Periodically, we improve how the reviews system works. When we do this in a notable way, we share this as a “reviews update” on our Google Search Status Dashboard.”
- Add this line: “Content impacted by the reviews system may recover over time, if you’ve made improvements to your content. However, note that our automated assessment of review content is only one of many factors used in ranking content, so changes can happen at any time for various reasons.”