Introduction of Biki Oberoi: Biki Oberoi (Prithvi Raj Singh Oberoi) has the East India Hotel, and he is the executive chairman of it. The East India Hotel or the Abroad group has many luxury hotels including Trident Hotels and Oberoi Hotels and Resorts they are famous for hospitality, and they came in as the third largest hospitality chain in India.
He also got a renowned award from India that is Padma Bhushan at an essential ceremony in 2008 at Rashtrapati Bhavan which is India’s second highest civilian award he got the award because of his great service to the country.
Personal life of Biki Oberoi
Biki Oberoi was born on 3 February 1929 in Delhi. His wife is Goodie Oberoi. Prithviraj was born in the house of Rai Bahadur MS Oberoi who was his father.
Biki Oberoi has been a business-minded person since childhood and had a keen interest in his father’s business. Biki is from a good luxurious background. He visited the whole world after his education and explored the world. He analyses the best hotels and tries to apply all the best things in Oberoi Hotel.
The career of Biki Oberoi
Oberoi graduated from St Paul School Darjeeling, India and later he did his studies in the United Kingdom and Switzerland. He also served in the Government of India as a director of Jet Airways India Limited in 2004. He also has done his graduation in hotel management.
Biki Oberoi has the East India Hotel, and he is the executive chairman of it. The East India Hotel or the Abroad group has many luxury hotels including Trident Hotels and Oberoi Hotels and Resorts they are famous for hospitality, and they came in as the third largest hospitality chain in India.
Oberoi was recognized by the International Hospitality Institute and given its position on the Global 100 in Hospitality in June 2022. He is considered one of the top 100 most powerful personalities in Global Hospitality.
Awards of Biki Oberoi
- Bikki Oberoi was given the Grand Officer of the Alalaoui Wissam award by King Mohammed VI.
- He got a lifetime achievement award from the International Hotel’s Investment Forum, Berlin.
- He received the Padma Vibhushan Award in 2008.
- He was recognized as the best businessman in Business India magazine in 2008.
- He received the Lifetime Achievement award at the first Economic Times TAAI travel awards in 2009.
- He was given the Corporate Hotelier of the World award by HOTELS magazine in 2010.