Chhath Puja 2023 Special Train: During the holiday season, there is a lot of fighting over trains. People have difficulties returning home from work around Diwali and Chhath because of the crowded trains. Indian Railways will run special trains on this occasion for this reason. If you are also planning to go home, then it is very important for you to know about these special trains.
In view of Chhath Puja, Indian Railways has decided to operate a pair of special trains via Darbhanga-Samastipur-Muzaffarpur-Hajipur-Gorakhpur. In such a situation, people coming from Delhi to Bihar will be able to get the benefit of these trains.
See train schedule here
- The first train is 03255 Patna Junction-Anand Vihar Chhath Special which will depart from Patna Junction at 10.20 pm every Thursday and Sunday from 23.11.2023 to 10.12.2023. This train will reach Anand Vihar at 3 pm the next day.
- The second train is 03256 Anand Vihar-Patna Junction Chhath Special which will run on Friday and Monday from 24.11.2023 to 11.12.2023.
- The third train is 02391 Patna Junction-Anand Vihar special train which will run every Saturday from 25.11.2023 to 09.12.2023.
- The special 02392 Anand Vihar-Patna Junction train is the fourth train; it will operate on Sundays from November 26, 2023, to December 10, 2023.
- The fifth train is 03635 Gaya-Anand Vihar special train which will run from Gaya every Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 20.11.2023 to 08.12.2023.
- The sixth train is 03636 Anand Vihar Terminal – Gaya special train which will run from Anand Vihar Terminal every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday from 21.11.2023 to 09.12.2023.
- The seventh train is Jaynagar-Anand Vihar Chhath special. This train number 05557 will depart from Jaynagar every Tuesday at 6.00 am from 21.11.2023 to 05.12.2023, reaching Madhubani at 06.28 am, Darbhanga at 07.20 am, Samastipur at 08.25 am, Muzaffarpur at 09.45 am, Hajipur at 10.40 am and reaching Anand Vihar at 05.00 am the next day.
- The eighth train is Anand Vihar-Jayanagar Chhath special. Every Wednesday between November 22, 2023, and December 6, 2023, this train, number 05558, will depart Anand Vihar at 07.30 hours, making stops in Hajipur at 01.10 hours, Muffarpur at 02.10 hours and Samastipur at 03.20 hrs, Darbhanga at 04.40 hrs, stopping at Madhubani at 05.30 hrs and reaching Jaynagar at 06.30 hrs.
Muzaffarpur-Yesvantpur-Muzaffarpur Express Special Train No. 05271/05272
This special train will operate from Muzaffarpur every Friday of the week from 06 October 2023 to 08 December and from Yesvantpur on every Monday of the week from 09 October to 11 December. Train No. 05271 Muzaffarpur-Yesvantpur Puja Special will depart from Muzaffarpur at 15.30 hrs on Friday and reach Hajipur at 16.35 hrs, Patliputra at 17.40 hrs, Arrah at 18.39 hrs, Buxar at 19.25 hrs, Pt. Deendayal Upadhyay Jn at 21.14 hrs. It will reach Yesvantpur stopping at 19.00 hrs on Sunday.
Train number 05272 Yesvantpur-Muzaffarpur Puja Special, in return, will leave Yesvantpur on Monday at 07.30 hours and arrive in Muzaffarpur at 12.00 hours. It will make stops at Pt. Deendayal Upadhyay Jn. on Wednesday at 06:40 hours, Buxar at 07.50 hours, Arrah at 08.35 hours, Patliputra at 09.30 hours, and Hajipur at 10.25 hours. There will be 12 sleeper class coaches, 04 third class coaches, 02 second class air-conditioned coaches, and 03 ordinary class coaches on this special train.
Barauni-Yesvantpur-Barauni Express Special Train No. 05215/05216
This special train will run every Saturday from October 7 to December 9 from Barauni and every Tuesday from October 10 to December 12 from Yesvantpur. Barauni – Yesvantpur Puja Special Train No. 05215 will depart at 13.20 on Saturday and arrive in Samastipur at 14.25, Muzaffarpur at 15.25, Hajipur at 16.35, Patliputra at 17.40, Ara at 18.39, Buxar at 19.25, and Pt. Deendayal Upadhyay Jn at 21.14 hours. It will arrive at Yesvantpur on Monday at 19.00 hours and stop.
In return, Train No. 05216 Yesvantpur-Barauni Puja Special will depart from Yesvantpur at 07.30 hrs on Tuesday and reach Pt. Deendayal Upadhyay Jn. at 06.40 hrs on Thursday, Buxar at 07.50 hrs, Arrah at 08.35 hrs, Patliputra at 09.30 hrs, Hajipur at 10.25 hrs, Muzaffarpur at 12.30 hrs and Stopping at Samastipur at 14.00, it will reach Barauni at 14.00. This special train will have 12 sleeper class coaches, 04 third class coaches, 02 second class air-conditioned coaches, and 03 ordinary class coaches.